Friday, May 20, 2005

Small Change

I have mixed feelings about this, but I've put up a PayPal tipjar. If you want, drop a little money in there to support these Projects, or do the same thing at Thoughts from Kansas to support that work.

I'm sure there are groups or organizations (like the NRDC, KCFS, ACLU, Center for Constitutional Rights, Dover CARES, Dennis Moore's reelection campaign, or the DNC) that deserve money and could use it to change the world. I don't want to steal money from those groups.

But I find that I can't justify the amount of time on The Evolution Project that it really deserves. It brings no cash, it has relatively few readers, and while it has a substantial PR value, turning it into a useful popularization of science, and not just a catalog, would take far more time than I can afford to spend.

If you think it's a good idea, and want to see it maintained, please let me know. You don't have to contribute to it, but encouragement accompanied by cash will be given more weight.

Has TEP been useful? I know that I've been able to point to the number of posts and diversity of material up there in arguing against creationists. Has anyone else found value in it?

What can be done to make it better?

As for TfK, it's my playground; it won't go away no matter what. That said, I have some bigger investigative projects and other activism I'd like to undertake, and a little cash flow would really help me justify taking that time.

As always, you can support the Projects indirectly by buying things through the Amazon.com links at the side. If you search for something through the Amazon.com box, I'll get at least 5% of the value of what you buy.

Or click on one of the Google ads now and then.

Greenback Dollar” by Woody Guthrie from the album Library of Congress Recordings (2:22).